In this article, we will see How to download and install Ares Wizard Kodi on Latest Version Kodi Player that is Kodi Krypton 17.6, 17.5 & 17.4 and Kodi Jarvis 16.1. We have provided Clear image explanation for your better understanding. Mobdro For Kodi Download And Install Latest Version. By mobdro July 26, 2017 Mobdro App Download 0 Comments. Mobdro for Kodi download: I am sure you are here for downloading mobdro for kodi software. Kodi is an awesome open source platform for streaming of media like movies, tv shows and radio channels and many more of those things. In this step, we will download and install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. For those who are not aware, Krypton 17.6 is the latest stable version as on the date. Launch ES File Explorer and then open menu situated on the left. Navigate to Tools> Download Manager> +New #2: Now a pop-up menu will appear asking for Name and Path. To install the newest version of Kodi17.6 Krypton on the Mac, or to just update the existing Kodi installation, you have to go to the download page of Kodi and then select the link called installer below the Apple logo.
If you’re wanting to know how to update Kodi, you’ve come to the right place!
Keeping software up to date is a fact of life. With bug fixes, security patches and new features, ensuring you have the latest version is important. Updating Kodi is no different.
Team Kodi regularly release new versions of their media software, it’s important you know how to upgrade Kodi to the latest version and make sure you get the best possible experience.
This detailed, step-by-step guide shows you how to update to Kodi 17.6 on your Firestick, Android TV box and Windows devices easily and safely.
Streaming Movies with Kodi? Protect Yourself with A VPN
If you’re streaming videos in Kodi, your internet traffic can easily be monitored by governments and ISPs – exposing your watching habits, browsing activity and other private information.
That’s why it’s important you protect yourself with a high-quality VPN.
VPNs encrypt your internet traffic by passing it through a secure VPN server. This keeps your watching habits private, avoids ISP throttling for better streaming performance and bypasses geographic restrictions so you can watch even more content.
We Recommend IPVanish – The Best VPN for Kodi
We recommend IPVanish for Kodi users thanks to a number of important features:
- Access to over 1000 VPN servers across 60+ countries
- Zero logging policy for complete privacy
- 256-bit AES encryption for securing your traffic
- Wide support for a number of Kodi platforms, including Firesticks, Android, Windows, and more
IPVanish offers 7-day money back guarantee to try out their service risk-free.
Should I Update Kodi to the Latest Version?
How To Download Latest Kodi
Generally, I recommend updating Kodi to the latest version reasonably quickly. This way you know that you’ve got all the latest bug fixes and features available.
That said, I’d often recommend waiting a few days for the early adopters (like me!) to install new versions and report on any errors they encounter.
If there’s no major issues reported, you should be safe to update.
How to Update Kodi on Windows
There are two ways to upgrade Kodi on Windows depending on how you installed it:
- Update Kodi using the Windows Store:This is the easiest way of updating as the Windows Store will update Kodi automatically. However, you need to have installed Kodi via the Windows Store first.
- Updating Kodi using the Installer: Using the Installer is still pretty straightforward, basically just installing the latest version of Kodi over the top whilst keeping all your settings intact.
How to Update Kodi Automatically using the Windows 10 Store
If you installed Kodi via the Windows 10 Store, updating Kodi to the latest version is incredibly easy as the Windows 10 App Store will auto-update Kodi whenever a new version is released.
Whenever there’s a new release, Windows 10 will automatically download and install the it. This is why I usually recommend installing Kodi this way on Windows 10.
How to Update Kodi on Windows using the Installer
If you installed Kodi on Windows using the installer, there’s no automatic way to keep Kodi up to date. Instead, you’ll need to manually update Kodi the same way you installed it:
- Download the latest Kodi installer from the Downloads page
- Double-click the installer and follow the installation wizard. When asked, do a Typical Install (unless you did a custom install before). Kodi will warn you that it’s detected an earlier version. Accept the prompt to continue installing the update.
How to Update Kodi on Android Boxes (and Other Android Devices)Before we start, please note that Kodi 17 Krypton requires Android 5.0 and above.
If your Android box cannot be updated to Android 5.0 or above, I’d recommend upgrading your Android TV box as there’s a number of new features in Kodi 17 that make the update worth it. See my picks for the Best Android TV box for some suggestions.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, updating Kodi on Android can be done in a few different ways. I’ll cover both below.
How to Update Kodi Automatically using the Google Play Store
Most users will have installed Kodi using the Google Play store which makes keeping Kodi updated super easy.
The Google Play Store features automatic updates so your Android device will automatically download and update Kodi for you as long as it’s enabled.
Automatic updates should be enabled by default. However, if you need to enable Automatic updates, do the following:
- Search for Kodi on the Google Play Store
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner and enable “Auto-update“.
Automatic updates are now enabled for Kodi on your Android TV box.
Manually update Kodi using the Google Play Store
If automatic updates aren’t working or you want to manually update Kodi on the Google Play store:
- Open the Google Play store on your Android TV box
- Search for Kodi and open the app’s page
- Click “Update” to download and install the latest version of the Kodi app
How to Update Kodi by Sideloading
Sideloading is the process of installing the Kodi app (or any other app) manually, without using the Google Play Store.
If you originally installed Kodi by sideloading the Kodi app, you may need to update Kodi through sideloading:
- Enable app installs from unknown sources by going to Settings>Security and enable “Unknown Sources”
- Download the latest Kodi app for Android from the Downloads page. Most users will want the ARMv7A (32bit) file though newer devices may be compatible with the 64-bit version. Those with Intel-based Android devices should opt for the X86 installer.
- Open the Kodi APK file you downloaded using your Android TV box’s file manager
- Select Install to update Kodi to the latest version
How to Update Kodi on the Firestick using Downloader
Amazon’s Android-based streaming device doesn’t support the Google Play store which complicates updating Kodi on the Fire TV stick. So we’ll need to sideload the APK using a similar process as we did for Android TV boxes.
We’ll be using an app called Downloader which will let us download Kodi on the Firestick and complete the installation.
Before we start, we’ll need to allow app installs from Unknown sources so we can install Android apps not available on Amazon’s App Store. Go into Settings > Device > Developer Options and enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Go to the Search tab on your Firestick’s homescreen.
- Search for “Downloader” and open the app’s page.
- Click Install to download and install Downloader from the Amazon app store.
- Open Downloader and enter the following URL:
- Wait for the download to complete. When it’s finished, it’ll prompt you to install Kodi. Accept the prompts to finish the updating process.
Kodi Update FAQ
What is the Latest Version of Kodi?
At the time of writing, the latest version of Kodi is Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
Kodi 17.6 is a bugfix release that addresses a number of issues but doesn’t add any new features.
Does Kodi Auto Update?
Unfortunately, automatic updates haven’t come to Kodi on all platforms as yet.
If you’ve installed Kodi using the Google Play store or the Windows 10 store, those stores will automatically update Kodi when new versions are released.
However, if you installed Kodi using the installer or sideloaded the Kodi APK, you’ll need to manually update Kodi using the steps below.
How to Update Kodi: Conclusion
Keeping your software up to date is important to make sure you have the latest features and bug fixes.
Now that you know how to update Kodi on your Android TV box, Windows PC and Fire TV stick, all you need to do is kick back and relax!
Have you updated Kodi recently? Did you have any issues? Let me know in the comments!
Michael is a technology expert with over 10 years of experience in IT, Home Theatre and Automation. Feel free to send Michael a message here.
Get a Kodi 17 download now for the latest version of Kodi, Krypton! Check out all Kodi 17 new features and information on how you can download the latest version now!
February 1st: Kodi 17 has officially been released! You can now download the final copy of Kodi 17 from the Kodi website.
Because Kodi 17 is such a major release, we have started a Kodi 17 working add-ons / builds list. For those of you who upgrade, please test out your favourite add-ons and let us know on Twitter or Facebook or by commenting on this post which ones are working or not working for you!!
NOTE: Kodi 17 is not supported on Android if you have Android 4.4 or earlier. You MUST have Android 5.0 or better to use Kodi 17. If you need to upgrade to a newer Kodi box, please click here and check out some of these approved boxes.
A Kodi 17 download is now available! Kodi 17 is now released, which officially takes Kodi 17 from development stage into release!
If you want to download Kodi 17 Kypton, click here. Read about all of the new changes in Kodi 17 Krypton below!
Kodi 17 Krypton Changes and Improvements
- Brand new default skins! Gone is Confluence and in is Estuary and Estouchy (optimized for tablets).
- Improvements to DVDPlayer, which allow for playback of DVD discs/files.
- Updates to videorendering and openGL drivers.
- Complete rewrite of audio/video syncing (less offset audio).
- Improved playback of live streams. Internal buffers no longer fill up!
- Input stream add-ons – Add-ons can now be written to support multiple stream qualities or camera angles and you can select this on the fly in Kodi. For example, a stream might be offered in 540p, 720p, or 1080p and you can now switch on-the-fly in Kodi.
- Kodi PVR settings improved.
- Full HD audio passthrough support in Android.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop minimum. This means Android 4.4, which is now 2.5 years old, is not supported by Kodi. This should give you a good baseline for which Kodi boxes to avoid buying online.
- Custom AMLogic Kodi code has been turned off, which is one of the reasons that Android 4.4 firmware is no longer supported.
- If installing third-party add-ons, you have to acknowledge that the add-on is not supported by the Kodi foundation.
- You can now view which add-ons have been installed or updated.
- Settings section has now been made more clear.
- Music library improvements – tag reading and scraping, improved artists handling.
- Tons of other improvements.
Did you take advantage of the new Kodi 17 download? Let us know on Twitter or Facebook if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for two services – IPVanish and NordVPN. Both are respected in the Kodi community & have some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers